How Do You Choose Ideal Letterbox For Your Cat
In this article, we’ll discuss the way of choosing a good litterbox for your pet and what you should take into account beside price.
The criteria you must observe in order to make the right choice that your pet will like:
- Pet breed: it includes activity, habits and size;
- Its attitude to odour after it does its business (then for sure you must not buy a litterbox with grid);
- What spot is the most comfortable for the pet. Even if it is a living room, but the pet likes it – then you’d better place the litterbox exactly there; otherwise, the pet will do its business in some other place;
- One should take a design into account: not too high or too low sides; dimensions; the area within which it will be comfortable to do its business (they are not always directly related to the pet size). You should remember that, for example, a grid can only obstruct, as claws can be caught in; the pet may just reject such litterbox;
- Shape. Often, it is either square or oval, but actually everything will depend on the pet. Sometimes, it is crucially for a cat to have a litterbox of certain shape;
- Cost. Very specific criterion, as in such case you’d better spare no expense. It is recommended to purchase a litterbox of a required shape, size and design within the average price range. Though not one hundred percent, but it will warrant a long service life, and your money will not be tossed to the wind.
Beside all those strict criteria, first of all, the owner must be guided by own needs. Litterbox design can allow for no need to wash it for a long time as, for example, with a litterbox house, or it will allow for using the absorbing cat litter which is, just like a coal filter in a litterbox house, will allow put the cleaning the litterbox out of mind for some time.
If the owner is sure that cat litter, design, dimensions and shape of a litterbox will be of no much difference for the pet – then they can buy a cheap option; besides, if they are ready to clean after the pet rather frequently– such litterbox will be the ideal choice for them and their pet.
When choosing anything related to pets, to start with, you should always proceed from individual preferences of your pet and only then of yours. The owner must find common grounds between them and only after that look for what will suit best.